Are you a morning person? Yeah, me either. Ever wish you could become one of those rare morning people? Those people that are eager to start their day, feeling refreshed and energized. The ones that get in that morning workout or wrap up some work before many of us even hit the snooze button…for the first time. Wouldn’t it be something? The few days out of the year when I do actually wake up at 5am it has been awesome. I freaking love it…. So I have been on the hunt to figure out how to do that everyday. Here are the five things I have found out. Welcome to Morning Person 101.
- Get your body moving. Whether it’s a short walk around your neighborhood or a rigorous 5:30 am spin class, getting your blood pumping will help wake up your body Plus there are a ton of other benefits, like stress and anxiety reduction. Which will really help you stay awake all day… and make you want to keep doing this. I set out my workout clothes in front of my alarm. Can’t miss them.
- Let the light in. Whether natural or artificial, light tells your brain its time to get up and get going. If your room doesn’t have big ass windows where you can open the blinds up, get a sunrise alarm. Best thing ever! I really dig mine. It slowly brightens over a 30 minute period… just like a sunrise! Added bonus if you put it on the other side of the room. Putting your alarm clock next to your bed so you can swat it off is just asking for failure. Get yo ass up!
- Prep and eat breakfast. Actually eat it. I am right there with those of you who chose the skip breakfast, but it is key to perking up your energy in the morning. Gotta get that gut moving. Try going for a protein-focused meal. I am personally big on shakes. They get me the nutrients I need, high protein and they are fast, easy and great on the go.
- Feed your mind. Stimulate your brain and do something you enjoy first thing in the morning. Try reading a favorite book, catching up on the latest Skimm, doing daily meditation, or setting intentions. I am really into intentions right now. I have a journal and in the morning I am writing down my intention for the day. Then at night I journal about how it went…. or whatever it is I want to journal about.
- Cross it off. James Clear talks about giving ourselves instant rewards. So if you wake up early then you need to do something that says, “You go, boo! Look at you!” I put up a calendar on my wall and I cross it off. For me it’s as satisfying as crossing off your TO DO list.
Well, these are a few things I have found that I think could really work. Now… to put them to the test. Let’s stay in touch on this one, okay, y’all! Send me messages from time to time. I want to hear how it’s going! And create a little chat below! I think we all could you the support!
Till next time,